Many android users have miracast feature in there phones, do not know what it is, talk more of using it, do not worry because thats the reason am writing this post to help you understand what cast screen is and how to use it. On my previous post, i wrote about the coming of cast screen feature to google chrome browser, i also wrote about how to view your computer screen on your TV, click on the link to read more. You can also understand what screen casting is all about click here.
Things You Will Need:
==>Mobile device with Miracast
==>Your TV must be Miracast Enabled or get a Miracast dongle.
How Can I Know if my Android is Miracast Supported?
To know if your Android supports Miracast, on your Android phone
How Can I Know If my TV is Miracast supported?
Check from your Tv settings if it have SMART, WiFi or Internet as part of its name. If it doesn’t, then you are one step behind and you’ll need to get Miracast dongle. Before you get the dongle, check if your tv has HDMI outlet… if not, you are two steps behind.
How to Screen Cast Your Android Device to Your Smart TV Wirelessly
To connect a smartphone to your Smart TV through Miracast, perform the following steps:
- 1. On your Smart TV, select Smart Home > Settings > .
- 2. Select Miracast™/Intel® WiDi, and then set it to On.
- 3. At the top of your smartphone screen, tap Miracast to activate it. The smartphone should appear on the list of available smartphones on your Smart TV.
- 4. On your smartphone, select your Smart TV. A popup window should appear on your Smart TV to confirm the connection.
- 5. Select the Yes button.
- ==>After you connect your Smart TV to a smartphone, you can view the smartphone screen on your TV.
- ==>When you set Miracast™/Intel® WiDi to On, Wi-Fi Direct also turns On.